Remove career uncertainty in just a weekend
Taste of Tech is for career changers who want to know what working in tech is really like before committing a LOT of time and money on a coding bootcamp.Learn more
What you'll learn on this course
It's more than just coding
- Stakeholders - how to think about a digital product in terms of the end user
- Design - how to use wire-framing tools to try out ideas without using code
- Prototyping - how to rapidly bring your ideas to life using code
- Feedback - how to stay on track and improve your team
- Testing - how to update a digital product without breaking it
- Deployment - how to share your digital product with the world
It's universal across technologies
- Computational thinking - how to break problems down and create algorithms to solve them
- Debugging - how to systematically locate and fix problems in code
- Research - how to avoid reinventing the wheel every time by finding ready made libraries of code and web services (aka APIs)
It's more than a shared to-do list
- Github - how to use version control tools to work asynchronously and with remote teams
- Slack - how to move beyond email and use modern communication tools to organise teamwork
How you'll learn on this course
Interactive, self-paced project
We simulate the experience of working in a remote team by creating virtual colleagues for you. You'll interact with product owners, designers and developers to complete a project brief that goes through the whole tech life-cycle; with all the the twists and turns that go along with that. You'll get a genuine experience of working in a tech team using real world tools and you can do it all at your own pace.
Value packed video tutorials
During the course, you are taking on the persona of an intern at a tech company and your instructor is taking on the persona of your work buddy. Their job is to support you through sharing their knowledge and experience. These sharings are delivered through dozens of value packed video tutorials that follow the narrative of your collaborative project.
Meet Your Instructor
Hi 👋 I'm Matt Lilley and, just like you, I wasn't formally trained in software engineering. I taught myself how to code back in 2013 when I started to have aspirations to build my own tech products (check out what I've built since on my websites).
Since 2017, I've worked in tech education, running accelerated learning experiences on all kinds of tech topics, e.g. blockchain and quantum computing and, as a senior engineering trainer at a bootcamp, I’ve helped people just like you launch their careers in tech (check out student recommendations on my LinkedIn).
I understand how difficult it can be to make the decision to quit your job and commit large amounts of time and money on a bootcamp when there are no guarantees of a job at the end. That's why I've made Taste of Tech - to bridge the gap and help you take that next step with confidence.
Who This Course Is For
- You're a career changer who has little or no technical experience - we assume zero technical knowledge.
- You're excited by the opportunities in the tech world but aren't 100% sure a tech career is right for you.
- You've watched some free online content but are still not feeling satisfied.
- You're tired of feeling blocked on the question of whether or not to take the plunge and start a bootcamp.
Who This Course Is NOT For
- You're a graduate in a technical discipline like computer science or software enginerring.
- You're comfortable with code, and are confident using version control and collaborating on code projects in Github.
- You don't care about speed. This course is designed to help people make a decision about whether a tech career is right for them as quickly as possible.
Frequently asked questions
How long is Taste of Tech?
Taste of Tech is designed to be completed over two days, but don't worry if you need to spread things out - it's a self paced learning experience.
Can't I learn all this on YouTube?
There are some great channels on YouTube that teach you how to code, but learning how to code online isn't the same as working with code on a job.
You can also find plenty of videos of people describing their experience of the tech world and giving generic advice to newbies. But, their experience won't be your experience because you are unique.
It is possible to create an interactive experience that allows you to get a sense of what the tech world would be like for you personally. That's what Taste of Tech is all about.
Is there a guarantee?
Absolutely. We have a 14 day money back guarantee! If you aren't satisfied for any reason at all, you can ask for your money back in full at any time up to 14 days after you start the course.